Maidstone Area Arts Partnership (MAAP) was formed in 1980 to enable all Maidstone’s communities to flourish through arts participation. MAAP became a registered charity in 2017 and is the largest collaborative arts organization in Maidstone.
MAAP is run by a diverse team of elected trustees, dedicated to supporting and celebrating all artistic expressions in and around Maidstone.
Our mission statement:
To represent and champion the needs of our arts community: encouraging collaboration, seeking and developing new opportunities.
To respond to wider community needs: improving social inclusion and encouraging individual participation.
Putting our mission into practice, we have identified the following four areas of priority:
- Liaison with Maidstone Borough Council
- Grow MAAP membership to represent wider arts movement
- Secure media support
2. Opportunity Development
- Develop and support partnerships
- Work with venues
- Be at the forefront of planning and organizing multi-gene events
- Actively pursue funding/grant opportunities on behalf of members
3. Practical Enablement
- Support event promotion through our website, social media feeds and newsletter
- Support management skills development and sharing good practice for all members
4. Community Development
- Encourage and provide opportunities for the wider community to participate in arts activities
- Support to local health and wellbeing framework through all our activities
- Identify wider community needs and feedback to member organisations
New members are always welcome and we look forward to supporting the development of arts and culture across Maidstone in the future.